Boss Motorhome Hire T&Cs
- These terms and conditions are between the Owner (Boss Motorhome Hire) and you (“the Hirer”).
- By booking to hire any vehicle, you are accepting these terms and conditions.
- Please read the following carefully.
What we provide
- We will provide a vehicle with MOT, service and annual habitation and gas checks carried out.
- All vehicles will be fully cleaned and checked before every hire.
- All equipment on the inventory included as standard.
- Free advice while you plan and 24-hour support while you are away.
- Fully comprehensive insurance for the use in the UK is included within the hire charge. The insurance is only valid for the period of the hire, thus any late return would automatically constitute a traffic offence under the Road Traffic Act. Invalid insurance means the driver and main hirer become personally liable for any accident damage to the motorhome, third party property and third party personal injuries. Insurance cover is for the vehicle and equipment only. Personal possessions are not covered; hirers are advised to take out holiday insurance.
- Our insurance policy limits pay-outs for fire damage inside the vehicle to 75% (e.g. caused by cooking). To reduce the risk, smoke / CO alarms are fitted and tested, fire blanket and fire extinguisher are included as standard and smoking / candles are not allowed.
Fuel & Gas
- The level of the fuel tank gauge will be noted upon collection and the hirer is responsible for returning the vehicle with the fuel gauge at approximately the same point. The motor home takes diesel.
- Two gas cylinders are supplied including a full spare.
- Some animals are permitted by prior arrangement. Please give details on your booking form. Any damage incurred will be charged to the hirer in full.
- Smoking is not permitted in the vehicle. It is against the law. Any infringement of this condition will result in the deposit being forfeited and additional cleaning costs charged.
Drivers and Passengers
- Drivers must be over 25 and under 75 years of age and have held a full driving licence for at least two years prior to the commencement of hire.
Drivers licence must be free of endorsements except for minor speeding or parking offences (drivers with more than 6 penalty points may be subject to an insurance loading). Drivers who passed their test after 1996 are restricted to the weight of motorhome they can drive, 3500kg. our motorhome is within this weight. Drivers must have had no more than one fault claim in the last three years. Details of convictions and accidents must be given at time of booking.
- Full UK and EU licences are covered as standard. Licences must be produced at the time of vehicle collection. In the case of UK licences, we accept both card and the older paper licences, which must be produced on collection. Visitors from the EU must produce a valid unendorsed domestic driving licence.
- The price covers all named drivers as long as they appear on the Hire Agreement and meet with the policy conditions.
- The vehicle is limited to carrying the driver and 5 passengers (there are five seatbelts fitted, which must be worn). This is a legal requirement. All drivers and passengers must have been listed on the Hire Agreement.
- The owner has the right to refuse to hand over the motorhome to any person who, in their reasonable opinion, is not suitable or fit to take charge. In such cases all hire charges paid will be refunded in full but the owner has no further liability.
- Look after the vehicle and the keys to the vehicle. It must be locked at all times when unattended.
- Keep the vehicle clean and well maintained.
Please return the vehicle in a clean condition,
otherwise we will need to charge a £50 valeting charge.
- Empty toilet / waste tanks and fill diesel tank. A £25 emptying charge will be made for unemptied toilet and waste water tanks. A refuelling charge of £25+cost of diesel will be made for vehicles returned only partially refuelled. These charges will be made against the security deposit.
- Drive and park the vehicle with great care. If the hirer is found to have damaged the vehicle by negligence (i.e. no other person or vehicle is involved) the hirer will be responsible for full rectification costs which will be charged against the security deposit. Front and rear bumpers, roof lights, windows, wing mirrors and external doors are typical components prone to damage by negligence.
- Drivers must not use the vehicle for hire or reward, for any illegal purpose or for racing / pace making / driver tuition. They must not drive under the influence of drink or drugs, drive outside England, Scotland and Wales or overload the vehicle. Additional charges will incur for the E.U
- Repair damage to the windscreen, tyres and punctures as these are the responsibility of the hirer.
You are required to check the condition of tyres on a daily basis.
- Drive within the Law. The hirer shall be liable for all fines and costs (including court costs) incurred for speeding, parking fines, congestion charges and any other offences committed.
Booking and Payments
- Select your hire dates. Then either visit us on Facebook (Boss Motorhome Hire) or phone us on (01423) 572817 to check availability, advise us of any special requests and place a booking. Your booking will be held for 3 days.
- Pay a deposit of 20% deposit per booking, by cheque or bank transfer to confirm your booking. This is non-refundable and enters you into a contract for the hire.
- Refunds will be 80% of the full booking paid if 28 days or more till pick up
- Check the Booking Confirmation which will be emailed to you, along with a Hire Agreement to sign.
- Pay the balance of your holiday hire: this is required 6 weeks before the start of the hire period, or at the time of booking if you book less that 6 weeks before the start date of your hire.
- Prior to collection of the vehicle, a refundable £500 security deposit must be paid into our account. This is an insurance requirement and must be paid by cheque or internet transfer (sorry we cannot accept cash). If the vehicle is returned undamaged, with a clean interior, full diesel tank and empty toilet and waste water tanks, and no other excesses are to be charged, the deposit will be refunded within 2 days.
Collection and returns
- When collecting the motorhome, we need to check that the £500 security deposit has cleared in our bank. You need to show driving licenses for all drivers (both photo card and paper parts) and two recent evidence (less than 3 months old) of proofs of address (e.g. utility bill and bank statement).
- Times for collection / returns: for weeks away, hirers can not collect the motorhome after 1500hrs (earlier by arrangement). The vehicle must be returned between 1000hrs and 1100hrs (unless otherwise arranged). For weekend bookings the vehicle can be returned between 1500hrs and 1600hrs (unless otherwise arranged). It is important to keep to these times as agreed. Failure to comply with these will result in the hirer being surcharged at the rate of £30 per hour or part there of for the first 3 hours and thereafter the balance of the security deposit. No refunds will be given for an early return.
- When returning the motor home, the hirer will deliver the vehicle clean, free from damage and complete as specified on the inventory. The hirer is advised to check the vehicle thoroughly before leaving the owners’ premises. We will carry out a thorough vehicle inspection and keep a record.
- It is the responsibility of hirers to clear out the vehicle of all their personal belongings before return. We will endeavour to contact hirers regarding items left behind but it is their responsibility to collect or pay for return postage (using stamped, self addressed packaging). Left items will be looked after for a maximum of 6 months, before being donated to a local charity.
- All cancellations must be notified in writing but please call immediately as this will improve our chances of rehiring the motorhome. If notification is received more than 4weeks before the start date of your hire you will refunded in full less the initial deposit of 20% deposit.
If notification of your cancellation is received
- less than 4 weeks before the start of your hire all monies paid and due are not refundable and you are still liable for full payment
- Hirers are advised to obtain holiday insurance to safeguard against such eventualities. We reserve the right to cancel the booking before commencement of hire if the named driver’s licences are invalid or do not comply with the requirements in the terms and conditions. In this case you will forfeit the booking deposit and hire charges already paid.
- In the unlikely event of a breakdown?
- No responsibilities can be accepted for any loss, damage or expense as a result of any effect or breakdown, unless it is due to our failure to adequately maintain the vehicle.
- You will be towed to your onward destination
- If you have any accident you must not accept liability. You should get the names and addresses of everyone involved, including witnesses. You should also:
- .Make the vehicle secure.
- If possible take photographs of the scene and damage to vehicles.
- Tell the police immediately if anyone is injured or disagreement occurs.
- Contact Boss Motorhome Hire immediately.
- You will need to produce an accident report, sending a copy to Boss Motorhome Hire.
Events beyond our control
- Unfortunately, events beyond the owner’s control, which cannot be foreseen or avoided, can occasionally affect bookings. The owner cannot accept responsibility or pay any compensation, costs or expenses where the contract between the owner and hirer is prevented or affected or you otherwise suffer any loss or damage as a result of events beyond the owner’s control. This includes any delays to and / or restrictions to your hire to which you may be subject. However, if your booking has to be cancelled as a result, the owner will provide a full refund of all monies paid.
FAQ & USEFUL LINKS.
How Do I Book My Motorhome Hire?
Bookings can be made through our online booking system, over the phone or by email.
We require a 30% non-refundable deposit at the time of booking,
The remaining balance is required 4 weeks before the collection date.
If the booking is less than 4 weeks till collection, we require the full amount on booking.
Who Can Drive The Motorhome?
Drivers aged 23 – 70 years with a fully valid license with a maximum of 6 points, held for more than 2 years.
The primary driver costs are included in your rental amount; fees will apply for extra drivers.
All drivers MUST be present when collecting the motorhome.
What’s Included In The Motorhome Hire Price?
Comprehensive UK insurance cover for the primary driver.
VAT is included in the rental cost.
Unlimited UK mileage
Breakdown cover anywhere in the UK (excluding Ireland).
One gas bottle.
Extensive tour & handover of the vehicle before you leave.
What Documents Do I Need To Provide?
All drivers MUST be present when collecting the motorhome.
Fully valid license and a maximum of 6 points. Please email the Office if you have any more, we will always try to get you passed with the Insurance Company.
International licence or passport with photographic ID (countries outside the EU).
2 x Utility bills or bank statement to prove your home address. If you are using a D/L from a different country, we will need 4 x Utility bills, these need to be dated within 90 days. Please note we do not accept mobile phone bills.
We will also do a DVLA Licence check for all UK drivers.
Do I Need To Pay A Security Deposit?
Yes, a £500 is payable before collect your motorhome via credit or debit card or Paypal.
The card holder MUST be present at collection to pay the security deposit.
Providing the motorhome has been returned in line with our requirements the deposit will be will be returned in full within 2-4 days.
What charges apply if I cancel my booking?
More than 6 weeks before collection: booking deposit is non-refundable.
6 weeks – 2 weeks before collection 50% of total hire charge is non refundable
2 weeks – No Show 100% of total hire charge is non refundable